.

Monday 10 March 2014

PHOTOS: MOS DEF RELOCATES TO CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA WEARING AFRICAN OUTFIT + TALKS WHY HE MOVED


AWARENESS
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) experiences a Brutal procedure. Read More »
This past weekend Mos Def aka Yasiin Bey attended the Music Exchange 2014, held at the Cape Town City Hall, South Africa.

The 40 year-old turned a lot of heads when he walked in with a Kente Cloth skirt but was quick to correct the interviewer and humbly told him that is that it was “a wrap from Ghana”.


The multi-talented renaissance man has been enjoying his time in South Africa since moving there last May. He said he left America because he wanted to “spend some time sorting out his life”.
Check out more of what he had to say below.

On Living in Cape Town
I’m not here for middle class comfort. Last year May, I came [to Cape Town] and I said I’m not leaving. I’m staying. It’s a beautiful place. It has the ocean, mountain, botanical gardens and beautiful people
On leaving America
Man, I’m going to tell you something. For a guy like me, with five or six generations from the same town in America, to leave America, things gotta be not so good with America. There are some beautiful places in America. I love Brooklyn. New York City needs to thank Brooklyn every day just for existing. That’s how I feel about it. It was a hard thing to leave home. But I’m glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment