.

Sunday 6 October 2013

Papoose Planning Response To Kendrick Lamar's BET Cypher Verse. "He'll Never Be Able To Shine My Shoes Lyrically

Papoose listened to the 15-second clip from Kendrick Lamar's 2013 BET Hip Hop Awards cypher verse and came away unimpressed.

Some believe K. Dot was taking shots at Drake, but Pap thinks the Top Dawg Entertainment emcee was actually firing at him instead.


Pap talked to XXL about the verse and if he plans to respond.

So you saw the Kendrick clip that came out from the BET Cypher? Yeah, yeah, I was hearing about it a lot, and then when I actually clicked on that, I couldn’t believe that that was what everybody was making a big deal out of.

What was your reaction? Oh, it was comical, man. I laughed.

A lot of people said he was going at you. I agree with the people, I looked at the majority and they were saying he was going at me. So I agree with the listeners, I agree with the fans. They say majority rules, so I agree with the majority.

You’ve gone back at Kendrick in the past with a verse. Are you planning on that this time? Yeah yeah, he can’t f*ck with me. He’ll never be able to shine my shoes, lyrically. So I’m just gonna be able to continue to prove that, to show and prove, like I did on “Control.” This is hip-hop, I love hip-hop, but I just want to continue to show and prove that he can’t f*** with me lyrically. You can look forward to that in my next release, straight up. I live in the studio, that’s my second home. So yeah, I’m definitely going to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment